|"Goodnight Vienna" - due out in remastered form in January, alongside "Ringo".|
TWO ESSENTIAL RINGO STARR ALBUMS REMASTERED FOR WORLDWIDE REISSUE ON 180-GRAM VINYL LPS BY CAPITOL/UMe
‘Ringo’ and ‘Goodnight Vienna’ Available January 19
Los Angeles – December 11, 2017 – Two essential Ringo Starr albums, 1973’s Ringo and 1974’s Goodnight Vienna, have been remastered by Ron McMaster (that's his real name, folks!) at Capitol Mastering for worldwide reissue on heavyweight, 180-gram vinyl LPs. Both albums are available now for preorder and will be released by Capitol/UMe on January 19, 2018.
Preorder Ringo: https://UMe.lnk.to/RingoLP
Preorder Goodnight Vienna: https://UMe.lnk.to/GoodnightViennaLP
In 1973, Ringo released his self-titled Ringo, which yielded three Top 5 Billboard Pop singles, including the No. 1 hits “Photograph” and “You’re Sixteen (You’re Beautiful And You’re Mine),” and the No. 5 hit “Oh My My.” Platinum-certified in the U.S., the Ringo album peaked at No. 1 in Canada, at No. 2 in the U.S., and at No. 7 in the UK. All of Ringo’s Beatles bandmates joined him to participate in the album; Richard Perry produced and its notable guest players also include Billy Preston on organ, Harry Nilsson background vocals, Klaus Voormann on bass and sax, and Robbie Robertson on guitar.
Ringo released his fourth solo album, Goodnight Vienna in 1974, racking up more hits, including the Top 5 Billboard Pop singles “Snookeroo,” written by Elton John and Bernie Taupin, and “No No Song.” The album also features Ringo’s cover of the Platters’ “Only You,” which peaked at No. 6 on the Pop chart, and the title track, written by John Lennon. Perry, Preston, Voormann, Nilsson, and Robertson once again joined Ringo to collaborate in the studio, among others.
|Finally out on vinyl: Ringo's Christmas album.|
For the holiday season, Ringo’s beloved 1999 Christmas album I Wanna Be Santa Claus has been released on vinyl for the first time ever.
|Ringo's latest album is available on CD and vinyl, as well as downloads and streaming.|
In September this year, Ringo released his 19th solo album, Give More Love, before he hit the road again in October and November with his All Starrs. Ringo Starr and His All Starrs have confirmed several European tour dates for June and July 2018. Visit ringostarr.com/tour for more information.
|We don't know if the remastered LP will have this Capitol anniversary logo.|
RINGO STARR: Ringo
1. I'm the Greatest (John Lennon)
2. Have You Seen My Baby (Randy Newman)
3. Photograph (Richard Starkey, George Harrison)
4. Sunshine Life for Me (Sail Away Raymond) (George Harrison)
5. You're Sixteen (You’re Beautiful And You’re Mine)" (Bob Sherman, Dick Sherman)
6. Oh My My (Richard Starkey, Vini Poncia)
7. Step Lightly (Richard Starkey)
8. Six O'Clock (Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney)
9. Devil Woman (Richard Starkey, Vini Poncia)
10. You and Me (Babe) (George Harrison, Mal Evans)
RINGO STARR: Goodnight Vienna
1. (It's All Down to) Goodnight Vienna (John Lennon)
2. Occapella (Allen Toussaint)
3. Oo-Wee (Richard Starkey, Vini Poncia)
4. Husbands and Wives (Roger Miller)
5. Snookeroo (Elton John, Bernie Taupin)
6. All by Myself (Richard Starkey, Vini Poncia)
7. Call Me (Richard Starkey)
8. No No Song (Hoyt Axton, David Jackson)
9. Only You (Buck Ram, Ande Rand)
10. Easy for Me (Harry Nilsson)
11. Goodnight Vienna (Reprise) (John Lennon)